TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 160+ people is growing quickly. We have two immediate openings on the Filing Resolutions Team for those who want to help us make e-commerce easier for everyone.
As a Filing Resolutions Specialist, you will ensure TaxJar’s AutoFile customers receive the best service by:
- Correspond with customers to assist them in resolving any AutoFile-related issues such as state notices, frequency changes, amended return requests, and discrepancies
- Process customer requests for amended returns and assist with filings including refund claims
- Clearly communicate issues and solutions to customers, including how our system processes transactions
- Investigate complex filing issues and see all solutions through to completion, coordinating across teams as needed
- Thoroughly document resolution actions, step-by-step, for review while learning how to handle new situations
- Interact with state DOR representatives to understand new systems and resolve issues
- Work closely with our product team and engineering team to provide customer feedback, insight, and improvement suggestions
- Document current processes and propose new ones to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Complete complex sales and use tax returns
- Escalate issues timely and appropriately
- Review and preemptively take action on state notices as they are received
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Strong tax experience, accounting experience, legal experience, or customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Skilled in translating complex topics into simple language that can be easily understood by customers without sales tax knowledge
- Keen ability to dig into issues that are unfamiliar and report findings in a logical, organized manner
- Strong collaboration skills and the genuine desire to constantly learn, develop, and grow alongside your teammates
- Flexibility to re-prioritize daily tasks to accommodate urgent matters needing immediate attention
- Ability to investigate an issue thoroughly, document any findings, and see it through to completion
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with professionalism and care
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- High attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks as they arise
- Ability to work remotely while communicating with your team as to your progress
- Positive and an exceptional team player - hungry, humble, and empathetic
- Confident with your skills and love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Open, accountable, and very receptive to feedback
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Strong tax experience, sales and use tax specifically is a plus
- Experience handling, reviewing, and documenting state notices
- Experience with overdue and amended returns
- Experience handling frequency changes and registrations
- Experience and proficiency in contacting state DORs
- Big 4 accounting experience, CPA certification, legal expertise, or Enrolled Agent
- Experience with reporting and metrics
- Experience leading projects or teams
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company retreats (virtual for now, and fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more