TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
We know sales tax isn't fun for anyone, so we're determined to ease the burden with an exceptional customer experience. To achieve this, we provide the same incredible quality of life for our team members as we do for our customers by creating a professional, unique, award-winning place to work. We have many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and everything we do is guided by our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’re fast-growing, fully-distributed, talented, and driven. We live all across the US, working from our homes, local libraries, co-working spaces, airstreams - pretty much anywhere we can and do accomplish great work
We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably, and we believe a diverse team can create better solutions for our customers.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are open and accountable
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Want to make a positive impact at TaxJar and who aren’t afraid to fail
Our current team of 160+ people is growing quickly, and we have an immediate opening for an experienced AutoFile Specialist who will help us move the needle at TaxJar by:
As an AutoFile Specialist you will:
- File a high volume of sales tax returns to states (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
- Process new signups from customers to use our AutoFile service
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to continually make our filing process more efficient
*This is a contract position available to folks located in the continental US only. The hours for this role will be 9-5pm CT, M-F, weeks 2 and 3 of each month will be roughly about 40-50 hours a week.
You're the ideal candidate if you:
- Approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Are extremely patient...sales tax is painful :-)
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Think the chance to understand the ins-and-outs of sales tax is interesting!
- Have prior experience handling highly-sensitive data
- Can commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week required during normal business hours
- BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 1 year in multiple states