The Client Solutions Engineer is a function of our Client Solutions team, managing and implementing all aspects of SecurityTrails solutions with our clients. In this role, you will support a diverse customer base with practitioners supporting attack surface management, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, security operations and C-suite initiatives. Your days will be spent working closely with our customers to ensure they are effectively leveraging the Total Internet Inventory.
What you’ll do as a Client Solutions Engineer:
- Deploy SecurityTrails products and services in-person and remotely.
- Conduct product demonstrations.
- Prepare, review, and deliver data samples, data reports, and other documentation to clients or prospects.
- Interact with customers to understand their security use cases, workflows and challenges.
- Leverage information security experience to identify client technical success criteria including key metrics and methods of delivery and integration.
- Scope and implement custom solutions across a variety of client architectures, applications, programming languages, and tools
- Manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams including sales, product management, engineering, and leadership on customer requirements
- 3 to 5-plus years of relevant work experience
- Experience with cyber-security tools including attack surface products, EDR (endpoint detection and response), vulnerability scanners, SIEMs, SOARs and ticketing systems.
- Customer-facing experience, especially in sales, training or consulting
- Ability to train clients around how to utilize APIs and third-party integrations
What you’ll bring as the Client Solutions Engineer:
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a pre-sales, post-sales or analytical role (intelligence, military, cyber, business operations, etc.) working with enterprise clients and/or executive level decision makers
- Previous experience working in a consultative role directly with clients, preferably with SaaS
- Experience collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Must be available to work EST hours
- Ability to travel
- Bonus Points
- Programming ability in Python, R, VBA
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent mid-level technical certification
- Experience working with DNS datasets and networking devices