We are looking for a Tier 2 Support Lead to provide quality and efficient customer service to our merchants through the daily management of a team of support engineers. As the Team Lead you will be focused on hiring, motivating, coaching and problem-solving as well as taking a hands-on approach to escalations from the Tier 1 and Account Management teams when necessary.
You will be tasked with providing solutions to technical questions along with pro-actively identifying any knowledge gaps to turn complex technical areas into simple learning opportunities for your team.
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Provide daily direction and communication to the team to ensure that customer service requests are answered in a timely manner and all Tier 1 team members get the assistance they need.
- Clearly communicate and manage expectations with each team member and with upper management.
- Ensure all Escalations queues and Slack channels are being promptly monitored and responded to
- Identify and fill knowledge gaps on the CS team through coaching and training.
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis for each team member.
- Create and maintain a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Works hands on with the team when necessary on escalations or ongoings projects that are important for area/process improvements.
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing a technical support team
- Experience in an individual contributor role providing technical support and technical guidance for a a software platform
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence the team’s direction and take ownership of outcomes
- A knack for providing simple solutions to complex technical questions
- Self motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player attitude and a ‘winning as a team’ mindset
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired