Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
The Key Account Manager is responsible for working with assigned customers to provide solutions and options to complex, technical and non-technical situations. At its core, the Key Account Manager’s role is that of a partner and problem-solver to produce increased customer satisfaction and retention.
While the Key Account Manager will be working with assigned customers on plan changes, the role is not a commissioned sales role. Key Account Management at Kinsta is centered around building strong relationships and providing solutions rather than a focus on upselling.
As a Kinsta Key Account Manager you will:
- Perform relationship management account reviews for assigned customers by analyzing analytics, invoices, and conversations with the Kinsta team in order to promote a proactive problem-solving account management.
- Proactively communicate with assigned customers to keep abreast of how their Kinsta account and services are performing with the overall goal of fostering strong relationships.
- Engage with assigned customers in situations where repeat issues may be affecting their Kinsta experience. Work with the customer and relevant internal teams to achieve resolution.
- Propose custom plan solutions and options for assigned customers as applicable. Generate custom plan proposals based on customer need, utilizing tools and workflows.
- Work with assigned customers and relevant internal teams to determine customer needs regarding dedicated servers by reviewing analytics, site performance, and other applicable data. Create proposals utilizing tools and workflows based on the information gathered and the customer’s needs.
- Schedule and hold regular calls (voice and/or video) with assigned customers as they desire to discuss their experience, needs, concerns, and feedback. Perform an onboarding/introductory video call with newly assigned customers to begin building a strong relationship.
- Investigate the circumstances when an assigned customer churns to obtain intelligence behind the cancellation, and communicate trends, feedback, and information to the Director of Client Success as appropriate.
- Native-level fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Previous experience in an account management role in the web hosting industry.
- Possessing systems administrator skills isn’t required, but the more technical skills and understanding you bring to the role the better. Talking about RAM, PHP throughput, PHP+MySQL response time, caching (object and page), concurrent visitors, and PHP workers should be exciting to you!
- Experience working with self-managed WordPress websites.
- A willingness to initiate challenging conversations with customers when necessary, paired with a resilient personality capable of maintaining a positive outlook when working through such situations.
- The ability to understand complex technical and financial topics and explain them in simple terms.
- The ability to be thoughtful, kind, diplomatic, patient, and firm when applying company policies to customer inquiries.
- We're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the consummate professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- As this role’s responsibilities include video conferencing with customers, a professional and presentable workspace is imperative.
- Previous Key Account Management experience in the web hosting industry a plus.
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP, MySQL, and technologies used in modern WordPress development such as Node.js, headless WordPress, and static site generators.
- This is a fully remote role. The Key Account Manager can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access.
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team.
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.