FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $5 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 200+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure. Check us out on Glassdoor!
About this role:
The Support Generalist Associate (Part Time, Contract) role will be supporting our FreeWill users and team members, reaching out with questions that could be anything from logging in to our website to getting help using a gif in an email. You will learn and become an expert on all things FreeWill and provide world-class support for all their questions. You’ll learn the ins and outs of our suite of products and company policies to help break down complex solutions into simple, user-friendly explanations. You will need to think critically: coming up with creative solutions for customers and alerting stakeholders to important trends in user inquiries. And you’ll need to handle all these questions with the cheerful reassurance that our users expect from FreeWill.
FreeWill has set compensation and a non-negotiation policy for fairness reasons (we don't think that an individual's pay should be determined by how comfortable they are negotiating). As a result, we like to be transparent and up front about the compensation.
Compensation for this role will be $17 per hour with an estimated weekly time commitment of 5-10 hours. This role is a contract position and is not eligible for benefits.
- This is a part-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- You can create your own schedule but will need to:
- Be available Monday - Friday & limited time on Saturday & Sunday
- We typically have 1-2 hours of varied support requests and projects per day
- Commit to a maximum of 12 hour turnaround time for any inquiry
- Smart, tenacious, and kind
- Dependable and takes pride in your work
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate clearly to non-tech savvy users.
- Flexibility to work 5-10 hours a week (on your own schedule)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer service inquiries while building an empathetic and warm relationship with the customer
- Strong written communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Capable of learning new products quickly and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Proactive in looking for areas of product improvement and communicating trends in customer inquiries in an organized, well-prioritized manners
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and/or startup experience.
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.