Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time and, behind it, is a world-class team looking for an Onboarding Specialist to join us. From the USA to the UK, Canada to South Africa—our Engineering, Product, Marketing, Insights, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re aligned with our values, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
We’re building up Customer Success at Float with a new team focused on onboarding and training and we’re looking to increase support for the EMEA region. This team will help our newly activated customers get the most value out of Float and resource management. You’ll be joining a small team to help build our team processes and culture and have a direct impact on the company’s maturity and success.
So far, we’ve succeeded by putting our customers first. Our onboarding and training focus helps customers not only realize the value of Float but also creates processes for organizations to plan and track time. We’re looking for someone that is excited to be part of this foundational team within a growing and scaling company.
Alison, Director of Customer Service, explains the important role you will play within our Customer Service team. Watch this Loom.
You’ll be working asynchronously with a bright, dedicated team from across the globe, with a strong focus on taking complex problems and creating solutions that feel simple and intuitive for our customers.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
You’ll work within our team of Onboarding Specialists to train and onboard new customers at scale and help them reach their goals by getting the most value out of Float. Our customers are typically teams within larger organizations such as a creative department within a tech company or the Sydney office of a large advertising agency. These teams love Float but a big challenge is introducing a new tool for Resource Management and managing that rollout internally, especially as they build out complete processes, responsibilities, and structures from scratch.
You’ll work with the team to create a one-to-many approach for training through avenues like webinars, video libraries, customer academies, and onboarding guides. There will also be a segment of customers that receive a more hands-on, one-on-one experience. A typical day would include running a webinar targeted to a group of new customers to lead them through early activation and onboarding. You’ll also create new content to help customers learn new features, create their own resource management policies, or set a timeline for a rollout to a new team.
Early on you’ll focus on:
- Learning the Float product and understanding what Resource Management looks like for our customers
- Creating onboarding content that can be used at scale
- Understanding the needs of our current book of business
And once you’re settled in the role, we’d love to see your impact with these projects:
- Identifying expansion opportunities for growth
- Recognizing churn risks and mitigation techniques
- Establishing handoff processes to other teams like Sales, Support, or Operations
- Creating product education campaigns
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
We’re looking for someone with proven experience in an Onboarding or Customer Success role working with mid-market customers for a SaaS product. You should be comfortable training and onboarding new customers in both a high-touch experience with individual customers as well as be able to scale this to support 100+ accounts. You’ll also help create processes and workflows that help us improve our customer experience such as creating seamless handoffs to other Customer Success teams, identifying opportunities for product education, and implementing touchpoints that impact retention.
Skills and requirements for the role:
- Customer onboarding and training or Customer Success Management experience encompassing early onboarding to churn and renewal management
- Experience creating one-to-many content for customers from early set-up to product education and ongoing support
- Drive to be the customer’s advocate for their needs and close the feedback loop with our Product team
- Strong communication skills in both written communication that drives value, as well as clear and concise discussions during customer meets
- Ability to translate technical concepts to different skill levels and customer types
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Linear to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings.
Note: This role requires being always available during regular 8 to 5pm working hours in the EMEA region. We're open to a range of time zones, however, preference will be given to candidates who can confidently cover this.
Why Join Us
We’re a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal internal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being. You can learn more about our full perks & benefits in our Float Handbook.
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
Pay for this role is US $102,252 (Level 3). Here’s a blog post with more information on how we determine our salaries.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meet: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with Linda or Romina from Talent. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role.
- Co-Worker Interview: You’ll meet with Emily, our Senior Account Manager, for a 45-minute interview that will deep dive into your related skills and experience.
- Manager Interview: We take a very collaborative approach to hiring, so you’ll meet with Alison, Director of Customer Success at Float, for a 45-minute interview.
- Founder Interview: As the final step in the process, you’ll meet with Glenn, Float’s CEO, for a 30-minute interview.
The final interview is followed by a reference check that is also reciprocated. We ask for a prior manager reference and provide you with access to a team member not involved in the hiring process so you can have your questions answered as well.
Our hiring process takes an average of 29 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on YTD 2022 data). Romina or Linda from our Talent team will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well-informed and aware of the next step in the process. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.