Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.
About The Role:
At Facet, we are building financial planning as it should be! Part of this requires us to deliver a best-in-class service experience that leads to consistently high customer satisfaction and keeps our clients committed to Facet for the long-term. As Director of Client Services, you will achieve these goals by setting the vision and executing strategy across all client service and support interactions. You will define systems and processes to make sure clients can easily find the right information and get excellent service from the right people when needed. You’ll leverage your experience building out and managing world-class client-facing organizations to deliver personal and responsive client interactions at scale. You will partner closely with a cross-functional team across CX, sales, growth, and product, sharing service insights and strategizing with the goal of continuous improvement. You will use data to guide your decisions while also drawing inspiration from the in-depth conversations your trusted team has with Facet clients every day. This role will report to Facet’s COO and is a critical function in the organization, with an initial team of 3-5 direct reports.
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of client support specialists; management responsibilities include team member hiring, coaching, performance reviews, career development and goal setting/monitoring
- Manage inbound support channels and monitor other sources of insights such as internal communications and online (e.g., NPS/CSAT)/social client feedback to identify and recommend product, workflow, and personnel optimizations across teams
- Resolve client issues by serving as a liaison between client services and other Facet teams
- Coordinate escalation and incident management to ensure successful on-time resolution
- Develop an ongoing reporting and results management program to manage and optimize channel support
- Identify optimal processes and ensure collection of the right data across clients in appropriate systems (partnering with the business operations team)
- Train customer support team on best-in-class customer feedback documentation and reporting / distribution processes to effectively identify opportunities to enhance the overall client experience
- Guide team members in client contract renewal, retention, and growth discussions to minimize regrettable churn and identify efficient and pragmatic ways to meet and exceed customer needs
- Evaluate and advocate for tools, systems and process that enable the client services organization to efficiently support Facet’s growing client base without compromising quality
- Oversee or conduct and synthesize periodic client satisfaction follow-ups when needed
- Ensure alignment to broader end-to-end client experience strategy and efforts
- Work hand-in-hand with Head of Marketing and other members of marketing team to ensure close alignment on campaign messaging and brand positioning
- Ensure continuous efficiency improvement and balancing self-service with human support to avoid unnecessary scaling of support teams
Job Specific Requirements:
- You have 10+ years of experience in managing, developing, and delivering client service and support programs, preferably within the technology industry
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- You are a leader and have managed and developed people
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset - you are a builder at heart and are excited by gray space and endless opportunity
- You have knowledge of client support and sales technologies and capabilities
- You have a proven ability to manage and collaborate on cross-functional initiatives and teams, from campaign conception through to analysis and optimization
- You have a strong desire to partner cross-functionally with Finance, Sales, Product and Analytics - collaboration is part of your DNA
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- You are willing to fully adopt and champion the Facet brand internally and externally
- You have superb communication, organizational, management, and client service skills
- You understand the value of building long-term relationships
- You have excellent analytical skills and are tech-savvy with proven ability to quickly learn and mentor others on in-house software and tools
- You are able to provide constructive feedback: we continue to enhance our platform and rely on our team’s feedback for improvement
- You are equally eager to praise excellent work and celebrate success as you are to troubleshoot problems, uncover their root cause, and remediate; you energize and inspire those around you and can also make hard decisions for the sake of your team
- You are able to work independently and as a member of a team, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time and calendar management skills
- You constantly push the upper bound and are innovative in how you think about solving problems
- You have a passion for helping people reach their financial goals
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation - competitive compensation packages, equity grants, and a 401(k) with employer match.
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% Remote - work from anywhere in the US
- All the benefits - medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, optional life insurance, FSA and HSA options, paid parental leave of 12-16 weeks, discounted pet insurance
- Learning & development – reimbursement of up to $2,000 per calendar year to invest in approved education-related expenses
- Facet Service – all employees have the option to sign up for Facet service free of charge
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’ve consciously built an equitable and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome to bring their authentic selves to work. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.