Crowdcast is the online events platform for businesses, creators and people at large to bring their communities together. We've experienced massive growth over the course of 2020 as people all over the world move their events online.
Every month, millions of people attend events ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to individual creators like MIA, Amanda Palmer, System of a Down & Jacob Collier.
We believe technology can be used to bring people together & bridge divides. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, bring communities together, and make a living in the process.
We are a profitable, remote-first, and long-term-thinking company. You could say, we're a zebra company.
Who you are
You find deep satisfaction in helping people find solutions to their problems. You use words intentionally. You're comfortable communicating through a multitude of mediums from emails to recorded video to live video. You're able to learn technically complex things quickly and are able to teach others in a simple, clear way.
You have high integrity, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner. You're not afraid to dive into uncharted territory, and you're open to updating your opinions based on new information. You communicate thoughtfully and grasp ideas easily. You're constantly pushing yourself to grow and become the most authentic & full expression of yourself. You love coaching people to be successful.
You want to join a company that directly empowers people while being both profitable and sustainable. You're ready to play a key role in an early team you love working with, while building a culture that you're proud to be part of.
What you'll do
- Join a customer success team of experts who are highly knowledgeable about all aspects of Crowdcast, share helpful and encouraging messages, and focus on user success.
- Around half your day will be spent communicating with customers, via our team customer support email based platform, to answer their questions and on-board new users.
- You'll be encouraged to regularly take part in our daily, public, live demos/office hours sessions; appearing on screen to answer questions and share your expertise.
- Tracking and documenting common questions, bugs, or issues creates a large library of internal and externally facing documentation. You'll schedule time each day to contribute to this in the form of articles or videos to provide answers before customers even ask.
- You'll work with a motivated and supportive team to get things done, with the right mix of quality and agility.
Your skills & experience
- Very adept at using the English language to quickly communicate messages that are clear, honest, thorough, and friendly.
- Strong customer service or account management experience.
- Good knowledge of video broadcast technology and keen to learn more.
- Have the mentality of a Zen master and can maintain your center as you interact with all personality types, including the occasional stressed-out user who needs your help and patience.
- Understand the important balance between creating impact today and working toward long-term goals.
- Comfortable being on video calls (we are a live video platform after all), with a strong internet connection to support it.
- Reliable and able to manage your own time in coordination with a team. This is a remote based role working with colleagues throughout the world.
Benefits & Perks
- A competitive salary with equity
- Healthcare coverage (including dental & vision)
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual retreats
- Paid maternal/paternal Leave
- Flexible PTO & sick leave – Take time off to take care of yourself
- Investment in career growth and training
Crowdcast is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that makes you uniquely YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we'll be as a team—and the better we'll be able to create an inclusive product for all.