We’re hiring a director of customer success to oversee the customer-facing side of our ed-tech software company.
How to ApplySend a resume (LinkedIn or portfolio is fine) and cover letter to
We're going to start reviewing resumes Dec. 1, and we'll be scheduling interviews the first two weeks of December. We're hoping to have someone start sometime in January 2022.
$71,000 USD annually.
This is a 30-hours-per-week remote position — that’s what we consider full-time here.
- Medical insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Flexible schedule. We value productivity and communication, not strict schedules.
- Unlimited time off. Most current employees take 3-4 weeks of vacation a year, in addition to federal holidays, and Christmas week.
- Company-provided tech — we typically do MacBook Airs.
About the Job
We help clients (primarily higher ed and non-profits) transition from print-based catalogs, handbooks, and processes to our web-based software. This position would oversee the client-facing side, ensuring that clients are given the communication, resources, and tools to succeed, both on initial launch and for ongoing support.
This position reports directly to the company president, but would work independently — with any help and resources they needed! — to grow and refine the customer-facing side of our business.
- Digital project management for customer onboarding and ongoing support. You would oversee timelines and communication for initial product buildout with clients and ongoing support needs.
- Working with our technical support team to ensure client needs are met during and after product launch.
- Managing and prioritizing client support requests.
- Providing software user training for clients.
- Assisting with handoff from sales process to buildout process.
- Managing support staff
- Determining future support staff needs and hiring accordingly
- Setting vision and goals for customer success
- Participating in client demos to ensure a smooth transition from sales to onboarding
- Help leadership prioritize features on product roadmap
Those are the bullet-point duties, but we’re looking for someone who will bring their own ideas for how we can give customers an excellent experience.
- At least four years of experience in digital project management, account management, or related role. This is a mid- to senior-level role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Great client-facing skills, including writing ability
- Experience with project-management software
- High level of comfort with technology
Really Nice-to-Have Experience
- Experience using WordPress, Drupal, or another web-based content management system.
- Experience working in or with higher education
- People-management experience
- Experience overseeing mid-size to large initiatives
- Teaching/training experience
About the Company
We’re a small but rapidly growing ed-tech company that provides course catalog, curriculum, and syllabus management software for colleges and universities. Our team is fully remote, and we consider 30 hours a week to be full time. Everyone works on self-set flexible schedules.
Clean Catalog was founded in 2015 with the goal of helping colleges and universities publish streamlined, accessible, and easy-to-manage digital publications. We believe that you shouldn’t need the budget of a large public university to afford great academic software that both your students and staff enjoy using.
We’re a for-profit LLC, but we try to be a good player in the education space. We offer four annual $500 scholarships to students based on financial need. Like most of our clients, we prioritize accessibility and access — we want to ensure that all students and potential students can access the information they need to pursue their education.