We are looking for a motivated Customer Service Manager to lead our customer service team.
Not only does this role require being on the front line and talking to customers on a daily basis, but also developing best practices in customer service, and managing a team of customer service agents to ensure these practices are being upheld.
About The Role
We believe in the power of world-class customer service. Every time you interact with a customer, you have a chance to create a positive experience - even if the interaction initiates from a negative position. You have a chance to overdeliver, to surprise and delight them.
Ideally, you have experience working in customer service before for a customer-centric company. You need to love talking to people all day, seeing things from their perspective, and solving their issues. You need to be an excellent written communicator - both for talking to customers, talking to colleagues, and writing documentation about everything you’re doing.
As customer service manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the performance of our customer service agents, all of whom are based in Latin America.
Since you’ll be the primary point of contact for all customer-related issues, you will constantly liaise with each department - whether it’s escalating teacher feedback to the education department, or resolving a product issue with the technical team, this role touches all facets of the company. You should mention the word "intercom" somewhere in your cover letter.
This is a remote position, and so you can work from anywhere that has a good internet connection. However, you’ll need to work 9 to 6 Eastern US time, Monday to Friday.
As the Customer Service Manager, you will:
- Supervise day-to-day operations in the customer service department
- Respond to customer service issues very quickly
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies, templates, and standards. Everything should be well documented at all times.
- Provide product support to new students.
- Work closely with several departments to relay customer needs, pain points, and experiences which will shape future product updates
- Identify potential opportunities for testimonials, mini-documentaries, and other “customer success” content
- Conduct ongoing training for customer service agents, and also onboard new team members
- Proactively find ways to continually improve how we handle customer service - whether that’s a new tech tool, a way of communicating, or otherwise
- Be flexible enough to jump out of your lane - this role will never get boring. When you're not doing customer service work, you'll be working with key shareholders from other departments, be it brainstorming a new campaign with the marketing team, or product testing a new update
- This is a full-time position. You’ll be required to work Monday to Friday, 9 to 6 Eastern US time, as this is when the majority of our students are online and need fast replies
- Native Spanish speaker
- Near native English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication.
- If you lived in the US at some point, that is a plus.
- Highly empathetic. You love helping and talking to people
- Your own laptop/whatever you need to work from
- Bonus: your experience in a customer service role was for a US or English-speaking company
Why work with us?
- Great freedom to take ownership, make decisions and have a major impact. You will be leading the entire customer service department.
- Work remotely - all you need is a laptop and a solid internet connection
- Paid vacation time