We’re Asset Management for Jira (AMFJ), a SaaS tool used by over 400 customers, such as PwC, University of Arkansas, Aspiration and Podium to manage their IT asset inventory.
We’re a remotely-based, distributed team located in the US, Australia and Vietnam.
We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary, and are profitable and growing fast!
We're looking for a smart and empathetic person to join us as a Customer Success Specialist.
This is a mission critical role for us and we strongly believe that if we build this function right, it will be the biggest lever in our success.
As the first Customer Success Specialist at Asset Management for Jira, you'll be one of the founding members of the Support team and will help us build the framework, systems, and processes for how we provide high quality support to our customers.
You will be responsible for owning the full customer lifecycle — everything from pre-sales to onboarding, support, and renewals.
Your day-to-day work in this role would mean answering customer questions mostly by email, but also the occasional Zoom call. You’ll record customer suggestions, and contribute to our internal knowledge base when you learn something new (and you’ll always be learning new things).
You’ll become an expert in all areas of the product in order to be able to provide guidance on best practices and specific use cases that all our customers can employ, from a complete novice who’s running a trial to a long-time customer who’s been using AMFJ for years.
Because we're small, we all take on many different roles that are new to us, whether that's writing, UX design, or project management. Your mind, abilities, and product sense will expand every day.
MORE ABOUT US
- The two co-founders continue to build and run the product day-to-day, while answering customer emails and jumping on calls.
- We are 100% bootstrapped, profitable and growing fast.
- We have balanced working hours, don’t work weekends, and take ample time off. We don’t have any “managers” and we rarely do any internal meetings.
- We believe that customer support is not just a chore but is rather an opportunity to make someone’s day. We strive to go above and beyond when it comes to support.
- You’ll work from home (or a co-working space if you prefer) anywhere in North America. We're pretty relaxed when it comes to working hours. However, we've noticed that most customers contact us between 10am-6pm EST (UTC-5).
- You are calm and collected. You enjoy helping and talking to people. You realize that customers may ask you about the same issues repeatedly. You know that things can go really wrong sometimes and are able to deal with “fires” without losing your cool.
- You’re self-managed and very well organized. You know that you will be joining an early-stage startup and that will require wearing multiple hats while not losing track of the bigger picture.
- You won't need tons of technical experience, but you do need to be a quick learner, a deft decision-maker and able to empathise with customers and their individual needs and priorities.
HOW WE CURRENTLY DO SUPPORT
Our first line of support is our support email address. All support emails come into Help Scout into a shared queue.
For more passive support, we actively maintain a knowledge base. Customers can access the knowledge base to see answers to common questions.
Every now and then we jump on a Zoom screen share or call a customer to further diagnose problems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Answer customers’ questions with timeliness and empathy
- Coach new users through the fundamentals of using our product.
- Troubleshoot technical issues utilizing internal and external resources, testing things out on your own, trial and error, as well as through collaborating with the founders.
- Hopping on calls to demo the product to potential customers
- Collecting and reporting feedback to assist with product development decisions
- Updating our knowledge base and making product training videos
- Writing documentation for new releases
THE FIRST 90 DAYS
In 30 days, you will:
- Understand the product and the space we operate in
- Start writing draft responses to tickets
In 60 days, you will:
- Be the first line of support for new and existing customers
- Have written documentation to address common questions
- Triage customer feedback and capture feature requests
In 90 days, you will:
- Start demoing the product to prospects
- Be an expert in the product
- Create product training videos and write documentation for new releases
- 2+ years of Customer Support experience
- Strong writing skills with a focus on clarity and accuracy
- You’re a Manager of One. Ability to take ownership of their role, and drive it to completion with minimal supervision is critical for this role.
- Ability to remain empathetic, even in difficult situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Located in North America
- Worked at a startup or a SaaS company before
- Experience with Jira and Atlassian products
- Have worked remotely before
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A competitive salary
- 20 days paid time off
- Flexible hours
- Freedom to try new things (help people the way you want)
- No disruptions (we have almost no meetings)
- Plenty of opportunity for further education and growth
- Profit sharing
- Fully paid healthcare (dental, medical, vision) coverage
- 401k with 3% company contribution