Where would we be without knowledge and a society of passionate learners? From science to the humanities, the acquisition of skills and knowledge are key to what it means to be human, and what it means to operate as a healthy society.
The Appsembler team is committed to furthering this ongoing spread of knowledge and skills, which are critical to making us who we are. Appsembler’s two key products, Tahoe and Virtual Labs, form an experiential learning platform that gives learners direct experience with various software via hands-on exercises. On a daily basis, we work closely with companies like Redis, Cybereason, and Progress Software, as well as institutions like The Pennsylvania State University and The Open University.
Appsembler is, and has been for nearly 5 years, a fully remote team. That means that we are not limited by borders, and we hire and operate in a manner that assumes that team members are not co-located. For this position, we do strongly prefer that your availability align with either the Western or Mountain US time zones.
We love to learn new things, and we each like to share what we’ve learned with teammates, customers, partners, and the open-source community.
We’re empathetic, curious, and care about the wellbeing of our teammates.
In this role as a Technical Support Specialist you will:
- Be “on call” for an 8-hour support shift with a minimum of 5 hours covering 8am to 5pm in the USA Pacific time zone, Monday through Friday
- Create/update help documentation when not supporting customers directly
- Provide input into Support Stack decisions
- Review, improve, create support processes, as well as creating internal support training materials using our training platform
- Develop support KPIs and ensure that support performance can be quantified and reviewed
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team on customer health scores that reflect support status
We expect you to...
- Have 2-3 years experience in a B2B software technical support role, preferably with a SaaS company
- Have experience creating customer and internally facing support documentation, including brief videos
- Learn the Appsembler platform quickly
- Provide Tier 1/2 support directly to customers and to teammates
- Have experience creating, updating, and documenting support processes
- Demonstrate high levels of empathy for customers and teammates
- Adhere to Support Service Level Agreements
- Be able to triage support requests and communicate to Tier 2/3 support resources as necessary
- Create external and internal help documentation
- Measure support performance and improve as needed
- Report on support performance and provide insight to product, engineering, customer success, marketing and sales teams on support requests, “pain” levels, and resolution satisfaction
- Identify and direct inbound leads to Sales
Added bonuses you have...
- Ability to evaluate and research support technologies for B2B tech support
- One year of Tier 1 Tech Support managerial experience
- Experience with Learning technology platforms, especially Open edX and virtual software labs
Meaningful work, with the potential to have a huge effect on people's lives via online learning.
- The flexibility to work remotely. We are a distributed-first company. Each Appsembler team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
- A friendly & intellectual atmosphere, with a tight-knit and supportive team.
- Competitive salary.
- Learning opportunities and career growth with us.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and company holidays.
- 401(k) and health care plan for US-based employees.
- Stock options depending on experience.
More about our employees
- We love to learn new things, and we each like to share what we’ve learned with teammates, customers, partners, and the open-source community.
- We’re empathetic, curious, and care about the wellbeing of our teammates.
- We love to solve problems.
- We’re collaborative and supportive with and of our customers, teammates, suppliers, and all we encounter.
- As teammates we expect to ask for and to provide support when we need it - and we all need support sometimes. We celebrate teamwork.
- We love to learn about each other and help each other manage through the challenges of the current times.
- We try to have as much fun as we can and love witty banter, especially to start full-team meetings.