Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an over $7 million annual budget that supports a staff of over 50 employees.
POGO’s Individual Giving team is looking for a talented Data Intelligence Associate to maintain POGO’s supporter and donor database. The Data Intelligence Associate will be an integral part of POGO’s development team and provides cross-team support to POGO’s outreach, civic engagement, and finance team. The Data Intelligence Associate reports directly to the Director of Individual Giving.
We encourage potential applicants to apply even if they only have experience or familiarity in some of the areas described below. We fully recognize that many great candidates will not have experience in all of the areas we list, or may have relevant experiences and skills that we have not listed or considered.
- Produce a variety of donor reports, online and offline revenue reports, newsletter and direct mail mailing lists.
- Support multiple POGO teams through standard and custom queries and reporting.
- Document and maintain consistent data input procedures to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Perform routine data hygiene to include manual updates, NCOA mailing updates, automation workflows and bulk upload processes.
- Automate database workflows to streamline constituent registrations and donation acknowledgements.
- Create, publish, and maintain online subscription, donation, and event registration forms in conjunction with appropriate team members for copy and graphic design.
Assist in preparation of the Annual Report donor recognition lists to include foundation and individual donors.
- Assist with acquisition efforts across teams to include audience growth, engagement, and data hygiene.
- Create source codes and activist tags for contribution and record classification and query purposes.
- Assist Data Intelligence Strategist with identifying sources of data anomalies and resolving them.
- Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission.
- Minimum of one year of experience with a CRM database with an understanding of building queries.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work on internal teams, across external stakeholders and independently when necessary.
- Strong focus on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment for sources,
- Sound judgement in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a nonpartisan, collaborative, respectful manner with diverse stakeholders.
- (+) A working sense of segmentation and basic fundraising skills are preferred but not a requirement.
Compensation, benefits, and other information:
This position is eligible for remote work from anywhere within the United States provided you are available during POGO’s core working hours of 9AM-6PM in the Eastern Time Zone. Otherwise, the position and POGO are based in Washington, DC. This is a part-time position with scalable hours during busy times of the year. Guaranteed 12-20 hours weekly.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience in the range of $22-$24/hour
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: July 5th
POGO is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.