Our client, a travel agency, is looking for a Customer Service Agent for their Central Reservations Office.
As a Reservations Agent, you will handle inbound and outbound calls from direct consumers, travel agents, and/or members from our client's loyalty clubs who are excited and ready to plan their next vacation. As a subject matter expert, you will become a brand ambassador for our client's Hotels and Resorts and any other hotels and resorts they have in their portfolio, by providing information on resorts, amenities, things to see and experience in the area and making recommendations based on the customer's interests that you will learn throughout the call. To be successful you must confirm reservations to one of the hotels in the portfolio, and offer additional products such as travel protection, transfers, and hotel add-on services. Successful Agents are sales driven individuals, h ave a passion for learning, h ave a competitive edge and are hard working.
- Demonstrate a passion for excellence, a love for selling, and an innate ability to solve problems to meet our customer's needs.
- Receive inbound calls and make outbound calls.
- Be productive and engage in positive interactions, effectively meeting the needs of customers while reinforcing trust.
- Create loyalty by serving as a brand spokesperson while demonstrating a variety of selling techniques resulting in sales of products and services.
- Identify customers' needs by asking clarifying questions to effectively promote products and services and articulate the features and benefits.
- Educate customers on the details of products and services through proactive communications.
- Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with our client's Hotels & Resorts.
- Utilize solid judgment, product and technical knowledge, and problem-solving, to offer detailed insight and alternatives to help customers book their dream vacation(s).
- Remain open to providing and receiving feedback; work with your supervisor and manager to develop and hone your skills.
- Take action to proactively learn the latest information, report customer impacting concerns, think outside the box on customer resolutions, and share best practices with others.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum two years sales experience preferably within a call center.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the travel or hospitality industry preferred.
- Unlimited destination knowledge preferred with a special focus on Cancun, the Riviera Maya, Negril, Jamaica, and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- Solid ability to multi-task with strong computer navigation capabilities.
- Exceptional listener with the skill to effectively communicate.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Strong computer proficiency and comfortable learning new computer applications.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve and exceed sales and quality goals.
- Team-centric and positively motivated to delight our members and their guests.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, convey a sense of urgency and remain detailed oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Quickly learn and apply latest information; be open to change.
- Enjoy talking to different people every day.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and energetic.
- Must be detail-oriented and manage time well.
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Must be flexible to work within the call center hours and be flexible with schedule to suit business needs.
- Bilingual is a plus (English and Spanish/Portuguese/French)
- Must be able to work remotely and have an office-like space with high-speed internet access.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION OPEN TO CANDIDATES IN THE USA WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS
At we break geographical barriers, connect professionals with remote work opportunities and bring transparency to remote workforce management.