About the job
As one of our Product Support Experts, you will be the helping hand that our users count on, combining your love of technology with your love of helping people. To your teammates, you will be the pulse of our users; always ensuring their voices are heard.
You will cultivate a mastery of our product, helping users wherever they need it. You'll also help keep our knowledge base up to date so that we share your insights with the rest of the team and our customers.
Most of all, as our Product Support Expert, you’ll relish every opportunity to inspire, delight, and exceed our customer's expectations. So much so that they share their experience with others!
You must be.....
- You are a hard worker with a competitive spirit who will do what it takes to achieve performance goals
- You always go out of your way to support customers; no problem is too hard to solve
- You are known for your positive outlook and can-do mentality. We are always changing and challenging ourselves, so if you are the kind of person that can jump on board no matter what comes your way, this may be the place for you.
- You have a growth mindset and see feedback as an opportunity to improve
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are very tech savvy and efficient with SaaS applications
What you'll do
The daily responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming phone calls from customers via Zendesk to answer product questions, help connect lead sources and integrations, and troubleshoot issues. We receive a high-volume amount of calls each day and are looking for people who enjoy this type of work.
- Answering support tickets via Zendesk to help customers solve problems and build on their Follow Up Boss knowledge.
- Helping new customers get started and winning them over from the get-go. Each new customer has a high amount of value and we want to ensure they are getting everything they need from our system to be successful.
- Monitoring accounts to ensure that our customers are thrilled, and looking out for (and addressing) warning signs of churn.
- Advocating customers’ requests and needs across the entire company. (We use Basecamp to communicate internally.)
- Educating about newly released features and functionality.
- Contributing to our Help Center (help.followupboss.com) and internal documentation.
What You'll Need
Our ideal candidate has these top qualities and qualifications:
- Self-motivated and proactive mindset
- Experience in a SAAS company strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role (Support, Success, Account Management, or Sales)
- History of meeting performance expectations
- Remote work experience is considered an asset
- Being amenable to weekend hours is an asset, but not required
- Quiet home office with fast internet
- Based in the USA
- Priority will go to people in PST
- Learn the Follow Up Boss software & product offerings to be effective in the position
- Complete all position-specific onboarding tasks, setup, and initial training
- Virtually meet other Follow Up Boss support team members
- Start to actively work in the ticket queue on a daily basis
- Meet or exceed KPI expectations (call + ticket count per day) regularly
- Contribute to maintaining internal and external documentation
- Be able to independently advocate for customers within Basecamp (to resolve issues, relay feedback, etc.)
- Meet or exceed KPI expectations (call + ticket count per day) on a daily basis
- Positively contribute to the team in private and group settings
Why Follow up Boss?
❤️ This is us
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company-paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below.
We can’t wait to meet you!