Headquarters: The Internet
Role & Responsibilities
Here’s what you’ll be doing as a Technical Support Specialist:
- You’ll become an expert in how our product works and provide direct support to our Support team.
- You’ll investigate escalated technical issues and leverage internal resources and tools to resolve those issues. You’ll use CLI tools to trace logs, make network requests, and run internal utilities.
- You’ll reproduce bugs and translate them into bug reports. You’ll also manage an issue backlog in Jira and help prioritize the work for our Engineering team.
- You’ll assist with migrations and work with the Engineering team to identify solutions for reducing app complexity for customers.
- You’ll create internal team resources and tools to help more quickly troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- A technical troubleshooter. You’re experienced in investigating and troubleshooting technical issues for a software or SaaS product. Familiarity with basic HTML, CSS, and APIs is a bonus.
- Tenacious. You. do. not. quit. The gnarlier the problem, the better. You see everything as a resource to help you solve problems, and you’re not afraid to use them.
- Detail-oriented. You'll search network requests and track activity logs all to find that obscure detail that cracks the case. You’ll need to give engineers precise instructions to replicate an issue. You find the needle in the haystack and jump back in for more.
- Eats complexity for breakfast. You’re only comfortable when you’re thrown in the deep end. Knack is a complex product with open-ended user flows. Anything can happen and often does. No problem will be the same, and you’ll see something new every day.
- An excellent written communicator. You can break down complex topics or issues into easy-to-understand steps.
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve things. You enjoy finding ways to make things easier, more efficient, less frustrating for your team (and yourself). You’re also willing to advocate for and to implement those changes.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and the space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact on the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- We're bootstrapped: we've had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We're 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we've made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We're all a little weird: and we like it that way. We're more than just chat avatars; we've all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we're in this for the long haul. We're not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We're building something we're proud of and want to keep improving on.
- Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It's not about separation, it's about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You'll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
- Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
- HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
- Equal opportunity: we push everyone to maximize their impact on our product and company--we strongly value all of our people, regardless of title or seniority.
- Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
- Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
- Long-term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Get dedicated support from a success mentor who'll fast-track your on-boarding and give you the tools you need to be successful.
How To Apply