Virtual, work-from-home position. Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leader in online education, continued is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, highly skilled, and passionate about our work and our professions. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, and ranked #28 in Fortune's 2020 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women. Learn more about us at continued.com and our parent company lacallegroup.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
IT Operations is a small team of passionate individuals responsible for Operations, Help Desk, Information Security, Systems Engineering, and Database Administration across Lacalle Group. Though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and support each other across roles and projects. We are driven by endless curiosity, a love of learning, and a desire to solve problems.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve and welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We seek an IT Help Desk Administrator who is motivated, creative, excited, and personable to support the IT Help Desk needs of our growing companies. This role is highly visible; you will be the first line of support for internal Help Desk and IT issues across the company. The people you will be supporting are dedicated, educated, and driven. They come from various departments - editorial, development, marketing, accounting, account services, customer service, human resources, and senior management. They all care deeply about their jobs. Their computer proficiency varies, but they will all depend on you for your help and expertise.
As we are a small team, we cross-train and support each other as needed; you will have help from everyone on the team, and besides typical Help Desk duties, you will get exposure to DevOps, SysAdmin, and Infosec projects.
- Full-Time, 8a-5p in your time zone.
- Work from your home office.
- We provide a MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, and appropriate accessories.
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us.
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings (once COVID clears).
- Occasional after-hours/on-call for emergency support and special events (generally less than four times a year).
- Serve as primary Help Desk administrator for company-wide IT support issues in an Apple environment.
- Use our ticketing system to ensure incoming requests are handled and documented promptly.
- Manage user accounts across various cloud services and tools such as G Suite, Slack, Zoom & Atlassian.
- Administer our management tools to ensure productivity and security for employee laptops.
- Handle onboarding of new employees, including equipment purchasing, account setups, and asset tracking.
- Create self-help support documents and blog posts for our intranet.
- Assist in research and deployment of new technologies and solutions.
- Maintain vendor relationships and assist with the selection and onboarding of new vendors and tools.
- Suggest improvements, best practices, and new ideas—your voice will be heard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to explain technical issues to non-technical employees, pleasantly.
- Experience with Mac in a professional environment. You should be comfortable troubleshooting most issues users may experience, utilizing available resources to provide solutions.
- Experience supporting users in a customer service or help desk environment.
- A structured, disciplined approach to self-management, time-management, and documentation.
- Eager to research and learn new concepts and technologies in a self-directed way.
- Ability to take ownership of your work, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with any of the following; G Suite, Jamf Now, Atlassian, Zoom, Slack, asset management, previous remote support experience.
We prefer an excited candidate with a great attitude and less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged candidate with tons of experience.
Submit a cover letter with your resume that tells us 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; and 2) about a book you’ve read or video you’ve watched that you learned something new or interesting from. Submissions without this information will not be considered.