- Lead and develop a small, inclusive team of around 4-5 team members, focusing on the Accounts & Billing areas of our product.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop members of your team. Conduct recurring 1:1s with all team members with a focus on supporting, developing, and helping unblock them.
- Be open and empathetic with continuous feedback to your team, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Learn by doing, working with your team to address customer issues and questions through support channels like email and Twitter.
- Investigate and identify the cause of customer concerns and issues, working with multiple teams to identify solutions and opportunities.
- Facilitate improvements to customer self service around Accounts & Billing areas, including refunds, pricing, and account management.
- Work with our Support Leads & Acting Director to achieve company and team objectives.
- Improve support performance by enhancing the team’s processes and workflows based on data analysis.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to the Acting Director of Support and work with them on hiring and coverage planning.
- 3+ years experience in customer support, technical account management or customer success with at least 2+ years experience as a customer support leader at a B2C or B2B software company.
- Experience leading an outcome-driven support team, including measuring success through metrics and KPIs and running experiments to learn more about how to offer the best service to users.
- Because of the technical nature of our product, you have an interest in how websites work and are curious to continue developing technical skills in this area.
- Natural at problem-solving - with a huge range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job.
- Empathetic and transparent working style with team members.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.